We are pleased to announce the 2017 Conference of the British Philosophy of Sport Association & European Association for the Philosophy of Sport, which will be hosted by Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands, April 24th-26th, 2017.
Venue: Conference Centre De Poort https://www.depoort.org/index.php?url=/content/en/home.html
The call for Abstract is now open!
Guidelines for Abstract Submission:
- Abstract (200-300 words) final submission date – 10th FEB 2017
- Accepted abstracts will receive notification by – 1st MARCH 2017
- Required format is MS Word, Times New Roman 12pt, single spacing, with indicative bibliography; all to fit on one side of A4.
- Abstracts to be submitted electronically to EAPS.PhilS@gmail.com with <your name – ABSTRACT – title> as the filename.
- Papers must be prepared in English. The Programme Committee are very keen to encourage contributors to submit early versions of abstracts or papers for comment and for advice on language issues.
Conference Registration and Fees:
The conference fee will be approx. 300/350euro (depending on room type & all inclusive: 2 overnight stays including breakfast; two buffet dinners (incl. vegetarian options); three lunches (idem) and free coffee, tea, fruit and biscuit during the conference). Arriving on Sunday and/or leaving on Thursday is 45/70 euro extra per night (depending on type of room, incl. breakfast).
Registration (including hotel reservation) via Conference Centre De Poort. Payment at arrival.
- Final papers may be considered for publication in a range of journals associated in various ways with BPSA and its members, in accordance with normal submission guidelines, e.g: Sport, Ethics and Philosophy; Journal of the Philosophy of Sport; Acta Universitatis Carolinae– Kinanthropologica; Filosofie & Praktijk
- Nearest Airport: Weeze (Germany)
- Eindhoven Airport
- Amsterdam Airport (Schiphol)
- Nearest Railway Station: Nijmegen Central Station
Queries should be directed to the Conference Organiser: Ron Welters, firstname.lastname@example.org