Welcome to the British Philosophy of Sport Association’s website. Our purpose is to provide avenues and opportunities for those interested in philosophical issues in sport; to present their ideas and network with others. We hold an annual conference, with a tri-annual joint conference with the European Association for the Philosophy of Sport, and have members from across the world (you do not have to be British or live in the UK to join). As part of the membership fee you will receive four print editions of the esteemed Sport, Ethics and Philosophy journal published by Routledge (details on becoming a member can be found in the membership section). We are a friendly and welcoming association and look forward to seeing you at one of our events.
If you have any questions or wish to find out more, please contact us directly, either by using the contact form on this site, or by writing the current Chair, or the appropriate person from the Executive below.
Treasurer and Membership Secretary
Journal Editor – Sport, Ethics and Philosophy
- BPSA Constitution: PDF
- Annual General Meeting 2004: PDF
- Annual General Meeting 2005: PDF
- Annual General Meeting 2006: PDF
- Annual General Meeting 2009: DOC
- Executive Meeting 2009: DOC
- Executive Meeting 2012: PDF
- Annual General Meeting 2013: DOC
- Executive Meeting 2013: DOC
- Annual General Meeting 2014: PDF
- Executive Meeting 2014: PDF