The new deadline for abstract submissions is
1st December 2023.
The 21st British Philosophy of Sports Association Conference will be hosted by Robert Gordon University (RGU) in Aberdeen, Scotland, 21-23rd March, 2024.
One of the world’s leading conferences on the philosophy of sport, the 2024 event will bring together researchers from across the globe to the North-East of Scotland for a vibrant forum to network, exchange ideas and discuss the importance of games, play, and sport. The conference will feature keynote speakers from academia as well as the sporting professions, providing delegates with a unique opportunity to hear different perspectives on the nature and value of human movement.
Enquiries should be directed to:
Organizing Committee: Dr Alfred Archer, Chair of the British Philosophy of Sport Association; Prof Steve Olivier, Principal and Vice-Chancellor, Robert Gordon University; Dr Silvia Camporesi, Vice-Chair, British Philosophy of Sport Association; Prof Dr Jim Parry, Secretary, British Philosophy of Sport Association.
- Erin Tarver, Associate Professor of Philosophy, Emory University.
- John William Devine, Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Ethics, Sport and Exercise Sciences, Swansea University.
- Panel Discussion featuring leading sports personalities on “Winning is everything!”
Call for Abstracts
Guidelines for Abstract Submission:
- Send abstract (300 words) by: Friday December 1st, 2023 at midnight.
- Accepted abstracts will receive notification by Friday December 15th, 2023.
- Include: name, institution, abstract, indicative bibliography; all to fit on one side of A4. Required format is MS Word Times New Roman 12pt, single spacing.
- Abstracts should be in English and must involve philosophical treatment of a topic related to sport.
- Abstracts to be submitted to email@example.com with filename <ABSTRACT – last name – title> e.g. <ABSTRACT – Parry – Is ‘Robot Wars’ a sport?>