This is a draft programme for the BPSA conference 2015. Details may be added and subject to change but it will start mid-morning on Monday 13th and finish lunchtime on Wednesday 15th (with an additional cultural activity / excursion for those who are able to stay on).
Monday 13th April
11.00 – Registration
11.45 – Conference opening
12.00 – Keynote 1: Andrew Edgar, Cardiff University (Title to be announced)
14.00-16.30 – Parallel sessions
Eve – Drinks reception
Tuesday 14th April
9.30 – 15.30 – Parallel sessions
15.30 – 16.30 – AGM
Wednesday 15th April
9.30 – 11.30 – Parallel sessions
11.30 – 12.30 – Keynote 2: Keith Thompson, ‘Sport and the rest of life – a personal perspective’
13.00 – Conference close
13.00 – 16.00 – Cultural activity for those who are staying longer
British Philosophy of Sport Association
2015 Conference Announcement and Call for Abstracts
BPSA 12th Annual Conference – University of Sunderland, April 13th- 15th 2015
Venue: National Glass Centre, St. Peter’s Campus, University of Sunderland, SL6 0GL.
Guidelines for Abstract Submission:
- Abstract (200-300 words) final submission date – 12th Jan 2015
- Accepted abstracts will receive notification by 9th Feb 2015
- Required format is MS Word, Times New Roman 12pt, single spacing, with indicative bibliography; all to fit on one side of A4
- Abstracts to be submitted electronically to email@example.com with <your name – ABSTRACT – title> as the filename.
- Papers must be prepared in English. The Programme Committee are very keen to encourage contributors to submit early versions of abstracts or papers for comment and for advice on language issues.
- We are happy to receive abstract submissions any time from now.
Conference Registration and Fees:
- Conference fees are in the process of being set but will be around £200 for a full delegate (including refreshments and lunch) and lower rates for early-bird registration and students.
- Registration will be available via an online booking form that will be provided on the BPSA website.
- Final papers may be considered for publication in a range of journals associated in various ways with BPSA and its members, in accordance with normal submission guidelines, e.g: Sport, Ethics and Philosophy; Acta Universitatis Carolinae – Kinanthropologica; etc.
We have arranged three options:
1. Sunderland Marriott Hotel: Double Occupancy Rooms at £48.50 pp per night. 30 rooms are being held in reserve until 4/6 weeks before arrival. Delegates should call the Central Reservations Dept. on 0800 221 222, quoting reference code ‘A16’ to make a booking.
2. Roker Hotel: are offering single occupancy rooms at the preferential rate of £65 per night. They are not holding any in reserve. Delegates quote ‘UoS’ or ‘BPSA’ to get the pref rate, subject to availability. The number is 0843 634 3305.
3. Travel Lodge, Sunderland High Street West: Double occupancy rooms are currently £37. http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/247/Sunderland-Central-hotel
- Nearest Airport: Newcastle International Airport
- Nearest Metro Station: St Peter’s (The Metro runs directly to Sunderland from Newcastle International Airport)
- Nearest Railway Station: Sunderland City Centre
- Nearest Motorway: A1(M)
- Sat. nav. details: SR6 0GL