Call for Abstracts
British Philosophy of Sport Association 16th Annual Conference – Trinity College, Oxford, April 2nd-5th, 2019.
Venue: Trinity College, Oxford
Date: Tuesday 2nd April – Friday 5th April 2019
Please note this years conference is being hosted by The Open University at Oxford Universities Trinity College. You can access The Open Universities conference webpage via this link: http://fass.open.ac.uk/research/BPSAconference.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
- Tom Hurka (University of Toronto)
- Sophie-Grace Chappell (Open University)
- Julian Savulescu (Oxford University)
- Angela Schneider (University of Western Ontario)
- Mike McNamee (Swansea University)
For more information on this years keynote speakers please click here (you will be re-directed to the conference page ran by The Open University).
The Call for Abstracts is Now Open!!!
Guidelines for Abstract Submission:
Abstracts are invited in any area of the philosophy of sport and from any philosophical perspective: all decisions will be made solely on the basis of the quality of philosophical argument.
- We are happy to receive abstract submissions any time from now
- Abstract (300-500 words) final submission date – Friday 1st February 2019
- Accepted abstracts will receive notification by – Friday 15th February 2019
- Required format is MS Word, 12pt, single spacing, with indicative bibliography
- Abstracts to be submitted electronically to J.E.Pike@open.ac.uk with <your name – ABSTRACT – title> as the filename.
- Papers must be prepared in English. The Programme Committee are very keen to encourage contributors to submit early versions of abstracts or papers for comment and for advice on language issues.
For those of you who are active on social media make sure to follow us on twitter for all conference reminders and updates.
Twitter Handle: @BritPhilofSport
Conference Hashtag: #BPSAox2019
Conference Registration and Fees