See below for message from Leeds Metropolitan University:
We are currently advertising four fully-funded PhD bursaries that will start in October 2014. Each studentship will have a bursary of £13,726 per annum (pro-rata as a monthly payment) plus UK/EU Fees paid for a period of three years.
We welcome PhD research proposals based on either agreed projects (please see the links below to the Research Centres) or an applicant’s own area of interest in the disciplines listed below.
Within the Centre for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion the subjects identified are:
- Ethnic Minorities, Leisure and the Countryside
- Feminism, Gender and Physical Education
- Protests as Events/Activism as Leisure
- Sport, Black Women and the Body
- Sport, Diaspora and Inter-Generational Migrant Families
- Transnationalism, Migrant Identities and the Significance of Leisure
- Young people’s experiences of, and opportunities for, physical education and sport in an era of austerity and change: implications for professional practice
Topics for our other research centres (active lifestyles; PE and coaching; tourism, hospitality and events; sport performance; education) are on the same web site.
The advertisement for the Carnegie Postgraduate Bursaries can be found at https://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/research/research-bursaries.htm.
Please note that the closing date for applications is 23rd May 2014 (midnight), interviews will be held on 3rd and 4th July 2014.